18/01/2014

Nars sheer glow foundation review


I am a massive fan of foundation and can never just settle on one and I've tried so many, from supermarket to higher end brands such as: maxfactor, bourjous, estee lauder, dior, lancome, giorgio armani, maybelline and mac. I've been wanting to try nars sheer glow for a while and after reading/watching multiple reviews and tutorials which boasted about how good the product i finally went for it and purchased it online (as there are no stores that stock nars products near me) 

The foundation is £30.50 for a 30ml bottle and comes in 19 shades, it comes in a glass bottle with their iconic black logo on the front, the only downside is that it doesn't come with a pump however you can get one from ebay for around £3. 


I ordered the shade 'Mont Blanc' which is the second lightest of the 19 shades. I wouldn't normally order a foundation offline as i like to be colour matched as I'm very pale and even some light foundations are too orange/dark for me, i used an online foundation matcher to get an idea of what colour would be right for me, the online foundation matcher uses your existing foundations to recommend shades from other brands. I ordered my nars foundation from asos as they offer free delivery and returns, however it can be purchased directly from the nars website or various stores. Nars describe their sheer glow foundation as "A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone" and recommends it for normal, dry and normal to dry skin types. I have normal to dry skin but have an oily t-zone and from a foundation i like a medium to buildable coverage, I usually go for matte foundations as i hate having an oily forehead, however i decided to try something new. The mont blanc shade is perfect for me, at first i thought it looked a bit orange especially for the shade claiming to have pink undertones and not yellow, however when applied and buffed into my skin and set with powder it looked great, and it didn't make me look like a ghost like some pale foundations can. 



Although the foundation claims to be 'sheer' it still covers most imperfections and i found myself not using as much concealer as the foundation covered most of my redness. The foundation didn't look as 'dewy' as i thought it would but it did give my skin more of a glow than it would have normally and i only had to apply a small amount of powder to my t-zone. I apply my foundation on a morning at about 7am and i found it was still looking fresh at around 4pm which is brilliant as i don't have time to touch up my makeup during the day. All in all i'm glad i invested in this foundation and will not be in a hurry to go out and purchase a different kind for a while.





6 comments:

  1. This is my favourite foundation as well, it is so lovely and doesn't feel heavy on the skin! You can get it from the small Space NK in Newcastle!

    www.justanother-page.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! it doesn't feel cakey at all like some others, ah thankyou i didn't even know there was a Space NK in Newcastle, i'll definitely be visiting soon! x

      Delete
  2. It's such a hype right now, would love to try it

    Stephy ♥ http://dearstephiiie.blogspot.ca/
    Please follow me on BlogLovin’, Facebook & Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I got this foundation about a month ago because I was sucked in b the hype (as always) But I find that it was not at all what I was expecting! I was thinking it would be like a better quality bourjois healthy mix (which is one of my loves). Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the application? Any pointers? I do love that it covers but I'm just missing the dew!
    xx Nia

    http://niaserendipity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! if you don't mind me asking what's your skin type like? mine is very dry and at first i didn't like it just clung to my face and looked dry, however i've started using a stronger moisturiser and it's helped my skin and now the foundation looks great! i use either my real techniques stippling brush to stipple it onto my face (i went on youtube to find out exactly how to use the stippling brush, with the stippling brush i also press it onto my skin in dabbing motions where i want a fuller coverage, i sometimes use my beautyblender sponge (i youtubed how to use this as well haha) and that gives a lovely coverage, if you have dry skin don't use as much powder either only where really necessary and dab it onto skin instead of using sweeping motions as this just moves the foundation round your face. I hope this helps lovely! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm personally a big fan of lipstickleathers blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service
    background removal

    ReplyDelete