23/02/2014

London Haul


Hello lovelies! I'm very sorry that I haven't been blogging for a while, life has been a little bit hectic over the past few weeks but I've missed blogging a lot so I'm quite excited to be writing this post. This will be kind of a follow up to my previous post about my 'Trip to London' and is kind of a London haul, so I hope you enjoy it!


Because I was working during the week I was limited as to where I could go but I managed to visit Oxford street and Westfield a few times during the week. Whilst in Westfield I thought I'd go to L'Occitane en Provence to get my free gift - a few weeks ago on L'Occitane en Provence's facebook page they had an offer where if you liked the facebook page they sent you an email that you could take into one of their shops and get three 10ml hand creams. The hand creams came in a lovely knitted pouch that had 'L'Occitane Fans' On the front. The hand creams were three different types 'shea butter' 'cherry blossom' and 'almond milk'. They all smell heavenly and i was very surprised with how much product is actually in the tubes. 


L'Occitane hand creams - £8.00 p/30ml

The next product I bought was when I went to Oxford Street, it was amazing to be there and the shops were so lovely especially Topshop!! I've been there before about two years ago but I'd forgotten how amazing and big it really is!. Whilst in the beauty department downstairs I noticed they had various branded creams/moisturisers ect and I spotted this Yu-Be moisturising skin cream. I received two small samples of this cream in my last months glossybox and just fell in love with it. Yu-Be is a glycerin based moisturising skin cream enriched with Vitamin E, Vitamin B2 and Camphor and was formulated for dry-very dry skin. It's been used by world class mountain climber and explorer Sumiyo Tsuzuki who uses Yu-Be to protect her skin from the harsh elements of cold, wind and water on the world's tallest peak (29,000+ ft!) I love this cream as although it is a little bit greasy when first applied and has a distinctive smell (think vicks vapour rub!) these both disappear when sunk into the skin - which takes less than a minute.

Yu-Be skin moisturising skin cream - £13.50

Although I'd bought the Yu-Be moisturiser I've been wanting to try the Clarins 'Daily Energizer Cream' for a while now just as an everyday moisturiser as the Yu-Be skin cream can be quite heavy so I only tend to use it once a week, or mixed in with my Clarins moisturiser. I purchased the Clarins daily energier whilst in Selfridges in Oxford Street, the woman on the Clarins counter was very helpful and she explained the product thoroughly to me, she even gave me two small samples of the 'shea butter foaming cleanser' and 'exfoliating cream ' to try.


Clarins daily energizer moisturiser - £21

Because I wasn't working on the weekend I had the whole of Saturday free to do what I wanted. I decided to visit the V&A, natural history museum and the science museum, There was an exhibition on at the V&A called 'Club to Catwalk: London fashion in the 1980s' that I really wanted to see - it definitely didn't disappoint. Whilst browsing the gift shop a book called 'A-Z of style' caught my eye, it was a little red hardback book that reminded me of 'the little dictionary of fashion' that I've seen various pictures of (and have wanted for so long) once I took a peek inside I knew I had to have it. It goes through the alphabet of various things relating to fashion (for example A - accessories, B - buttons) and had quotations from various people (mostly people who worked in the fashion industry) like photographers, designers, journalists, magazine editors, actors/actresses. The beautiful illustrations completed the book and I think it would make a wonderful present for someone who is interested in fashion (or just a present for yourself like mine was!)



A-Z of Style - £9.99

I didn't get to see everything in the museums I visited as I also wanted to visit Harrods and Covent Garden. Although I didn't buy anything in Harrods the store itself is just wonderful to be in anyway. Whilst in Covent Garden I decided to have a look in the Chanel makeup store and walked back out with my very first Chanel lipstick! it's 'rouge allure velvet' in shade 40 'La Sensuelle' - a beautiful dark red/pink with a slight hint of purple. I tend not to suit light colours or bright reds so this colour is perfect. The woman who served me was very lovely, she recognised my northern accent and asked me about where I lived, she also asked if I was down for a holiday and when I explained that I was down for work experience she started talking to me about that, and she genuinely seemed interested - not like some shop workers who seem very fake in the hope that you'll spend some money. She even gave me a free mini sample of their new mascara they're launching, all in all it was a very nice experience that left me feeling very pleased with my purchase.
 


Chanel lipstick - £25.00

Last but not least on my last trip to Westfield I re-purchased my holy grail foundation from the beauty department in John Lewis - Estee Lauder double wear. I purchased the foundation a few moths ago when my skin wasn't very good as I wanted a full coverage foundation, I really loved it but it seemed a bit drying on my skin so I didn't repurchase as I wanted to see if I could find a foundation with the same coverage but slightly more moisturising (needless to say I haven't) but because of my new moisturiser purchases I thought I might as well try it again. 

Estee Lauder double wear foundation - £28.50

Although I didn't purchase many exciting things whilst in London I hope you've enjoyed this blog post. If you'd like me to do a review on any of the products mentioned just let me know in the comments and I'd love to know if any of you have tried/bought any of these before and what you think of them! Thanks for reading!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment